Upon these I write the things of my soul...

Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Diverse Travels


My latest travels have taken me to the great state of New Jersey. So far, I have served all over the state of Pennsylvania: West Philadelphia, Hazleton, Bethlehem, Honesdale, and Reading. So, this trip across the Delaware River is new to me. I haven't found anything bad about it so far, and I'm not expecting to. There are a couple things that are different, such as not being able to pump your own gas. But, different is good.
 
  
http://photos.igougo.com/images/p323843-New_Jersey-Welcome_Sign.jpg

I love diversity. Even within the state of Pennsylvania, there are so many different kinds of people. I traveled all over the eastern side of Pennsylvania, and I met hundreds of people. I'm not just talking about different races, ethnicites, cultures, countries, etc, although that does add to the diversity. I'm talking about each individual person. Obviously, cultures, races, countries, and ethnicities play a mighty big factor. But, each person is different.

A couple of years ago one of my older brother's friends came over to our house. We were talking as a family and my brother's friend said to me, "You and Clark (my older brother) are so similar. You're exactly the same!" It's true that we did grow up in the same house for almost 20 years. But, even with our identical background, we're still different. In fact, my mom responded to Clark's friend by saying, "Really? To me, they are completely different!" 

                                                 
                             Clark                                                                             Elder Barnett

Like I said, I love diversity. I love that all of us are unique children of Heavenly Father. He created each of us as a one of a kind child. To be honest, life would be boring if we were any more similar. We each have a different personality. We all have our own interests. Each person has their talents. Everyone has their different opinions or ideas. I think the list could go on and on. And, even with that diversity, Heavenly Father loves all of us completely equally. But, that's the beauty of it.

No comments: